Monday 17 November 2014

A Typographic Grunge Altered Bookend for Core'dinations & Graphic 45 Blog Hop



On today's Core'dinations and Graphic 45 Blog Hop entry, I'm sharing this altered bookend which was orignally built by my youngest sister as part of her Design & Technology school project... We managed to find this bookend at a drawer near her desk one day while doing some spring cleaning back in my mum's place...

To give this book end a new lease of life, I decided to alter this bookend as a gift for her... Using some embossed clock images on Photogenic cardstock from the Core'dinations Signature Series as a texture foundation, I white-washed it and added on tons of metal staples and embellishments to achieve this typographic grunge look… Typography certainly has some interesting verses that I find it applicable to serve some wisdom for my sister - a reminder that life is not just about dreaming and hope for the best, but to live, laugh, adopt, encourage and be genuine… Patience is key and hope this sentimental altered piece will serve as a good life reminder...

I've also created a video tour in how I came up with the idea in altering this bookend as well as concept behind... Hope this will give you some ideas in how to alter pieces as such...

Happy altering!!! Cheers!!!













2 comments:

Yolanda said...

Gorgeous. Love all the metal details. Thanks for sharing.

Unknown said...

So absolutely cool I love it. Thank you for sharing.