Thursday 27 November 2014

Virgin Big Shot Trial on Thanksgiving...

For those who have following me on my Facebook and Instagram, you probably know I finally got myself a Sizzix Big Shot... Yes, after 2 years of procrastination, I managed to get one yesterday and I got it at a pretty good deal with my Spotlight gift voucher... It's a $40 off, so after the deduction I paid $89 (~USD68) for it that comes with an extended multipurpose platform and a set of cutting pads...

My new crafting toy - the Big Shot...

After that, it was the exciting part - playing with my new toy... For someone like me who never use a die-cut machine before, this was seriously a "BIG" event... I know once I own a Big Shot, I'll venture into dies which is one of the reasons why I refused to get one previously because it will burn my pockets deeply... Hmmm, timing was kinda right; Black Friday is just round the corner and alot of sites are having an early start... With all the good deals such as Tim Holtz Texture Fades embossing folders offering as cheap as USD1.26 for a pack of two, and Sizzlits as cheap as USD4 each, who couldn't resist the temptation?!? I AM definitely factoring I don't have a library of collection yet... Indeed, with all the excitement in exploring all other crafting possibilities, I bought a total of 30 dies and embossing folders during this Black Friday sale... Ouch!

Alright, after getting these great deals (even it had burned my pocket), suddenly I had this sense of satisfaction and I feel complete... While I'll need to give the merchants some time for them to ship my orders out, I seriously can't wait... With all the excitement hovering around me, I desperately want to attempt my virgin trial on the Big Shot.. Thankfully, I've a few Thinlits and Framelits in my DT package, thanks to the generosities of Graphic 45 and Sizzix... Woohoo!!! Yes and I excitingly cut my cardstocks, sandwiched them and run through the machine... Then I heard a "thug" sound, at that moment I was like OMG!!! Did I broke my die?!? I quickly passed through the entire cutting pads and extender and was taken aback to find that my die is still intact... So why is there a sound?!? Concerning that it might damage my Big Shot, I contacted one of my scrapping peeps and she told me it's an indication that the die had performed its cut onto the cardstock... I was also told by her that I may develop a liking to the sounds of Big Shot... LOL!!! Is that a kind of creative stimulus??

Nonetheless, I finally performed my very virgin trial on my Big Shot!!! I'm a happy camper!!! So now sharing here my virgin Big Shot project using Elegant flip-its card Framelits and Graphic 45 Botanical Tea paper collection... For someone like me who is not really good in making cards, this card Framelits definitely make cardmaking so much easier... It's indeed one such virgin project performed on Thanksgiving...

Hope you guys enjoy what I've shared here...

Cheers!!! And happy crafting!!!





2 comments:

Margaret said...

Just linked to your blog from G45 facebook. Enjoy your dies but be warned - they could become an addiction! I now have about 450 and have to keep a spreadsheet so I know what I have and don't buy the same one again! I also have 4 die cutting machines! My theory is you can never have enough! Good luck and enjoy. Margaret Waters Newcastle upon Tyne UK

Teri Terrific said...

Just beautiful! Congratulations. It is evident you will be creating some fantastic things; I look forward to seeing them. Thank you for posting.