Friday 10 October 2014

Sweetest Little Thing; a Colourful 3D Layout

My sister has recently given me a stack of photos she took randomly when my niece was still a baby... She gave me the liberty to scrap all if I want... After viewing through the photos, I found this very sweet photo she took when my niece was about 6 months old with her daddy... Her cuteness in this photo was sweetness to the MAX!!! She was such an eye candy...

The initial idea was to do up a colourful layout with falling flowers from the circles border... I actually kinda screwed up the mixed media part which ended up not getting the ideal results I'm looking for... At the end of the day, I decided to rectify the problem by adding more colours... till... I got a huge rainbow cloud beneath... While I was placing the elements, suddenly the thought of balloons came to my mind 'cos my niece loves balloons of all sort... And this eventually led me to get the inspiration from Disney Pixar's animation UP! So I thought it would be interesting to do up a 3D hot-air ballon under a rainbow cloud for her instead of using flowers since the father is in the picture which will make the layout kinda weird...

The 3D hot-air balloon is about 4" wide and 6" tall and it doesn't really look nice when it's at the centre, hence I decided to just let it goes off the page... Anyway I want this 3D so I don't really want to restrict to everything within the 12x12 page... Her dad's pink t-shirt certainly blends well into the entire colour scheme of this layout and at the end of the day I'm pretty happy with the results... Totally inspired from UP!

Here is the list of supplies used to create this layout:





No comments: