Monday 16 June 2014

Sew; A Pion Vintage Seamtress Layout

Today, I'm going to share a vintage layout I've created for my aunt who is previously a seamtress for over 40 years before she retired... It's truly a vintage layout, the photo I used for this layout was taken in 1959 at one of the photo studios called Smile Studio at New World Park in Singapore, one of the three amusement parks during the 1920s-80s period...

Using Pion Design's Alma's Sewing Room, I backed the Clear Scrap's XL Deco with one of the pattern papers, ripping the paper apart at one side, revealing a sewing room within which I built using some chipboards and glue it behind... I also added one of the Clear Scrap's Dress Form Embellishment beside the photo where I just stamped some designs over and added some pearls string... To further preserve this vintage look, I used mainly grey shades with a touch of beige yellow...




2 comments:

Anonymous said...

Such a calm and lovely layout built around a sweet photo. I love the restrained color scheme and patterns; grey is underused in scrapbooking, yet it is elegant, versatile, and, as you point out, vintage-y. I am so glad you are on the G45 team, even more so now that I see that you have a knack for layouts, too (my favourite form of papercrafting) :-)

Danielle

Alexandra♥ said...

Hello Katie, just came across your blog. Your projects are absolutely beautiful! I'm your new follower