Monday 3 June 2024

Creating Cards from Forgotten Supplies

Confession time! I do hoard stuffs and Yes! I have quite an amount of craft supplies that I bought, kept unused and most of them still pretty much in their packaging. Moment of truth here - there won't be a time these supplies will be used up until I make effort to do something about it.

Some of the long old forgotten supplies in my stash

With daily fresh and new product releases and ideas bombarding on various social media feed every day, sometimes I feel I need a particular product to create better. Each time I got tempted and get myself with new supplies, before I knew it, my stash has already gotten bigger than all those crafting ideas I have in my mind. Before I run of space, I reckon it's best to make deliberate attempts to create out from those forgotten supplies. With what I had found, these are the cards I've created.


To share this refreshing moment on these long old supplies, I've made a short start-to-finish video on this. No special tools, techniques shown, merely how to assemble and transform these supplies into a card.








Added some encouraging bible verses at the back of each card

It actually feels good to clear some stuffs and make way for more space. This won't be my only and last deliberate attempt. I will be making more of such projects in coming days. I hope this short sharing is encouraging enough to make deliberate attempts to create out from your existing and forgotten supplies.

Below is a list of supplies I used to make these cards. Most of them are retired or not available in major craft stores, however you might be able to find some of them on eBay or Etsy. However, I don't encourage to get more and if you happen to have these supplies on hand, this is one way to use them in your project.

Cheers!

Clicking the links below will bring you to a new page.
  • Pattern papers from 7gypsies Mix & Match book
  • Ticket stubs from Tim Holtz Ideology Adage tickets book
  • K&C watercolour florals layering accents
  • Jenni Bowlin cardstock stickers (butterfly banner in black)
  • Prima Marketing Say it Crystals & acrylic embellishments
  • American Crafts 12x12 80lb black cardstocks (AMZAMZSG)
  • Kokuyo Dotliner Hold tape runner (AMZSG)
  • Ek Success circle foam dots (SB, AMZ, AMSG)
  • Other supplies - old dictionary papers, crystals embellishments, jute trims & ribbons
Legend:
SB (Scrapbook.com), AMZ (Amazon), AMZSG (Amazon.sg)
Compensated affiliated links used are at no cost to you, refer HERE for more information.



No comments: