Tuesday 25 June 2024

Dimensional Envelopes "How to" & A Mom's Card

The unique thing about cardmaking is the freedom to add some level of dimensions instead of having a flat design. Conventional speaking, we will often try to fit them into traditional envelopes of any given sizes available and we need to be mindful not to create a card that's too bulky. Housing them onto a bigger envelope such as into an A6 envelope for a dimensional A2 card might work, but it will somehow squash the design which is an issue to me.


As I started to make more of such cards, I find a need to source for some dimensional envelopes to house these cards. I tried to search for existing templates or tutorials online, however there're some limitations and often require some kind of envelope making tools which appears to be rather confusing. Ultimately, I decided to create my own and also, made a video tutorial for this. 


To suffice the video I made, I've created a template for both A2 and A6 card sizes which is available HERE for download. Video tutorial showcased an A6 dimensional envelope for this Mom's card I made, and the steps are pretty much similar for other sizes and depths.


This Mom's card was made using most of my existing supplies and some of them are no longer available unfortunately. A good way to refresh my supplies and try to make something out of it. Not necessary for Mother's Day, this card can be gifted to moms for another other occasions.




I hope this new dimensional envelope tutorial is useful and helpful. Below is the list of supplies I used to make this card as well as the cardstocks used to make most of my envelopes. 

Cheers!

Clicking the links below will bring you to a new page.
  • American Crafts 12x12 80lb vanilla cardstocks (AMZAMZSG)
  • Astro Designs 12x12 65Ib bright white cardtsocks (AMZ, AMZSG)
  • Bearly Art precision craft glue (SBAMZAMZSG)
  • Tim Holtz Alteration Texture Fade lace embossing folder (SB, SIZ)
  • Spellbinders lace heart and various past clubs diesets (retired)
  • Versamark watermark ink (SBAMZAMZSG)
  • Ranger Ink embossing powder in princess gold (SBAMZ)
Legend:
SB (Scrapbook.com), SIZ (Sizzix) AMZ (Amazon), AMZSG (Amazon.sg)
Compensated affiliated links used are at no cost to you, refer HERE for more information.



No comments: