Wednesday 22 April 2015

Change of my Blog URL

If you had noticed (or managed to come here correctly), my current blog URL (katiezgpaperworks.blogspot.com) is indeed shorter compared to my previous one (katsignerscrapbookingcafe.blogspot.com) and relates well with my blog title which I changed it somewhere in September last year... No more identity crisis and confusion... Whenever people ask me for my blog address, they will always freak out when I wrote the URL link down on the whiteboard... It was pretty long... And it has been quite a hassle to the extend that  I'll just get them to google my name instead as it's easier to search me this way over the internet... This actually brought me to a point that I should just change my blog URL for the better and for the sake of every human convenience... It makes my life much easier as well...

People who know me well will know I'm also known as "katsigner" a nick that's with me for 15 years... I often represented myself as "katsigner", a pseudonym for all my creative works and online personal writing way before Facebook was born... Back then, I was always dreaming myself as a designer, hence I came up with "katsigner as a combination of my name "Katie" and the word "Designer", in hope one day I can be one... Gradually, this becomes a nick for all my social media platforms in today's 21st Century... 

The initial idea of setting up this "KatsignerScrapbookingCafe" blog was solely an interest base blog when I started to get my hands onto scrapbooking in 2008... Plus I'm also a very cafe person, I had this idea of able to scrap in a cafe, hence this long title... Pretty obvious, I was just plain lazy and too used on my nick that I came up with something so lame, so nonsensical and bloody long for a blog address... It didn't occur to me that I'll be venturing into this seriously and gradually wanting to "evolve" further to get myself an identity as an artist... This will eventually be a showcase of all my works and creations that what I put on top in my blog is something I shouldn't ignore... I can't be possibly expecting people to just call me by my nick or just come by my little scrapbooking cafe here, it's so uncool... Hahaha... Guess I'm just being critical on myself...

Well, finally the URL has changed and changing links around all my social media networks seems like a major project especially on Pinterest!!! I'm sorry that if you had pinned my pins previously, unfortunately a change of address in my pins will not reflect on yours, that's the flaw of Pinterest... However, my old blog address still exists, mainly as an informative channel for people to know about this change... 

Moving on, in near future there will be more artistic works coming from me and I can't wait to share...


No comments: