Monday 10 December 2018

Rustic Nature Wedding Guest Book

On 3rd March this year, I've witnessed the wedding of a lovely couple I know - Ernest and Stephanie. As part of my wedding gift to them, I did a guest book for them. It was also part of Canvas Corp July Wedding Challenge this July. A long overdue project update here. This entry was on draft mode for very long till the birth of their son Theopilus reminded me on this book. Without much talking, here is what I've made for them.


The guest book itself is a vintage ledger book from 7gypsies Architextures which I purchased it for this purpose. I merely did up a mixed media layout for them on the front cover. I used quite a number of die-cuts for this layout, mainly from Tim Holtz steel dies. I tried to match up to the "look" of the photos they provided me and decided upon a rustic, dainty nature look. As always, I love to centralize my design focus as this is one of my most preferred layout.





Loads of floral and swirls, together with touches of twine, burlap, handwritten script and woodgrain effects which I transformed bits of chipboards into. Since the front is already quite dimensional, I kept the back of the book as simple as possible.




Wedding is just only a ceremonial indication of a marriage between a man and a woman, what's really important is the marriage itself. Therefore, I didn't just stop at the front cover, and think it'd be better to have one more layout of this lovely couple right at the very first page of the book which marks as the very new beginning for them after their wedding.



I hope the guest book has been filled up! 

Below is a list of supplies I used for this project with some links included. Unfortunately, not all are available and most 7gypsies and Tattered Angels products can be purchase at Canvas Corp website itself:
  • 7gypsies Architextures 
    • Vintage 12" x 12" Ledger 
    • Mix and Match Bee 8.5″x 11″ Book
    • Mixed Media Pack
  • Tattered Angels 
    • High Impact Paints (Antique Gold & Platinum)
    • Naturally Aged Kit – Rusty Metal (Faux Finish Paint Kit)
    • Color Wash Paint Faux Finish (Verdigris)
    • Glimmer Mist (Key Lime Pie)
  • Sizzix Tim Holtz Dies
  • Ranger Archival Ink in Jet Black (Blitsy, Scrapbook.com)
  • Own stash (burlap, jute twine, mini alpha chipboards, scripted handwriting & bark grain stamps) 

No comments: