Sunday 25 December 2016

My December Tag for Tim Holtz 12 Tags of 2016


Happy Christmas! And a Merry New Year!

Though I wish 2017 don't come that soon, I know it's reaching really soon. The moment 2017 January is here, I'll be a year older in February. That's so freaking fast and I do hope I could refuse to grow up. And yes, I'm back in doing Tim Holtz 12 tags of 2016. I know I had gone missing in between, however I love to think it'd be fun to end this Christmas with the December tag.


So here is my take for the December tag...


I didn't have any shadowpress with me, unfortunately. So I gotta improvise and find alternatives. Rather, I did embossing over stamping instead using the Snowman blueprint framelits die set which is the only Merry Christmas stamp I have. 


I hope I had misted over the stencil more generously, it didn't really show up well. Perhaps it's also due to the design I had chosen. Nonetheless, I managed to get the tag done up in time for this Christmas.


I bought a few packs of trophy antlers last year and have yet to use any of them. Despite it's gonna make the tag look a bit bulky, I went ahead by placing it at the very top of the tag. The entire composition process was really fun to make and I do enjoy spending my Christmas morning doing up this tag. Totally immersed myself into the festive mood.


List of Supplies:

3 comments:

Lucy said...

Katie,
I like the improvisation. It's hard to have all the correct supplies every time. I think Tim would say that he appreciates the creativity that goes into the tag. Also I like your background, every time I try one of these techniques I make the background too prominent, this one is perfect for the elements you've chosen.

sarascloset said...

Looking good! Congratulations!

Mylissa Stout said...

Katie...Your tag is WONDERFUL....I love the focal point...and then the berries trail downward into the rest of your embellishments...your eyes can't help but follow...excellent job!!!! LOVE, lOvE, LoVe it!