Friday 31 July 2015

Let Them Eat Cake

"Qu'ils mangent de la brioche" - a traditional French translation of "Let them eat cake" is a common attribution to Queen Marie Antoinette. While it’s not on record that this phrase was ever said by her, it has indeed become very popular for modern art as well as for tea parties and bridal showers. As random as I could be, this phrase hit a nerve of mine and decided to do up a wall display plaque for this. This was a project done for Faber-Castell & Graphic 45 blog hop this week and was featured on Graphic 45's blog yesterday...


It was my very first attempt to use gelatos, so before I can really get use to the usage and function, I took it slow for this attempt. Gelatos feel like rich textured watercolour crayons to me. I've seen quite a lot on how the several Faber-Castell mediums are used online, hence I decided to give a try using their whipped spackle and gel medium. Love the smooth texture of whipped spackle and it has a subtle shimmer on it!!!

I hope you've enjoyed the blog hop as much as I did. The various projects done by my fellow DT members as well as Faber-Castell DT are simply amazing!!!




No comments: