Sunday 31 May 2015

My Artist Facebook Page...

It seems very much like a convenience to share my works and interact with my existing Facebook account, but as I get busier I noticed I hardly really do that... Instead I flood my account with quite a number of rubbish... Yes, I don't deny that I posted some nonsensical stuffs at times... After weeks of contemplation, I finally decided to set up a Facebook Page for myself... At least this will be a no nonsense page and solely about my works, WIPs (work in progress) and what's happening in my petite studio... It's also an opportunity for me to share and showcase some of my projects' BTS (behind the scene) in near future...

When I decided to click the "Create Page" button, a great sense of excitement came upon me... As I excitedly filling up the information and uploading photos, I realized something is missing... I started to notice I do need a logo for myself... It doesn't seems it's mandatory, but somehow I find there's a need... Though I've been trained informally in area of Graphic Design, doing up a logo is not really my thing... Even I had to, I'd probably come up with something unusual... For the sake of my sanity, I think it will be best to consult one of my friends who is in the field for decades... And, indeed I was given some advice and suggestions... My "Katie Z. Graphical Paperworks" has too many words... Seriously?!? I just changed my blog link and my Etsy shop name not too long ago!! Do I really have to make another change? That's what came to my mind first... After re-looking at it, he was pretty right though the ultimate decision still lies in me... After giving some good thought, I decided to remove the word "Graphical" and make it "Katie Z. Paperworks" instead, for the very least there's isn't much of a drastic change... And thank God, I had cut short the "Graphical" with a "g" for my blog link and shop name so it's not that bad afterall... All set and done!

Logo 1: Preferred and most favourite logo chosen...

The very next thing is to create a logo for myself that will represent my works best... Though I'm able to create and draw stuffs out, the process is going to take me very long given by the way how I work... Hence, to make things less frustrating I decided to search for some frames images to incorporate into my logo... Just by doing this, it took me several hours to find a couple of appropriate ones... And I finally came out with several designs and posted to my friend for advice... 

Logo 2: A secondary choice...

Logo 3: Seen as a logo for butter cookies maker despite it's cleaner and neater look...

My friend feels that Logo 3 is a better choice due to it's cleaner and neater appearance... About 1-2 of my friends felt that this logo is less cluttering and more suitable to be shown as a logo... However, to my youngest sister and her fellow friends and colleagues, they find this logo looks like a cookie; something danish butter cookies makers will use on their cookies tins... This is thus far the best interesting comments I received... Though I clearly understand the concept of having a clean, simple and straight-forward logo to showcase an identity of a corporate company, for my case I feel strongly that Logo 1 is more closely related to my works... I could be wrong at this very initial stage as I've yet to evolve into a full-fledged artist where there's a distinct identity... As I sent these logos around for my fellow friends to choose, majority of them choose Logo 1 with only one of them chose Logo 2 as a secondary choice...

At very end of the day I decided to choose Logo 1 as my logo for my Artist page and Etsy store... I hereby invite everyone to visit my Artist Facebook Page, join me and watch me grow together as I progress gradually as an Artist... And I hope to see some of you around... =)


No comments: