Saturday 30 November 2013

A Thank You Card...

I hardly make cards as it's not something I can add a lot of dimensions to it... When Graphic 45 announced making a Thank You card for the November challenge, I was thinking... Hmm~ Perhaps I should give a try...

It took me a long time that I decided to do a pop-up card without having a clue how to do it... It was seriously a last minute work, I only conduct an internet research on the various pop-up mechanisms the day before the challenge due date... Then I only get started doing it using the Secret Garden collection in the late afternoon and get only partially completed 1n the next morning... I submitted the pop-up interior of the card for the challenge just in time... Phew!!!

Sometimes when you want to do something you've in mind, you kinda visual what you really want and start looking around that can give you the mojo to do it... Especially for pop-up card, it's really all about the mechanism... How you want your object to pop, how it flips etc.. And despite the tight deadline in entering the challenge, I wanted it more complicated to the extend I've kinda overdone it... In the end, I really have to stop researching and stick to one that's do-able within a day... So in the end, this is what I've come out with... The final complete look...

The Front...
Done quite alot of fussy cutting on a card I should say...
This is where the "Thank You" pop-up when open... More fussy cuts here...
The back... It's actually taken from the mirror... The letterings are actually
mirror images which can only be viewed on the mirrow...

1 comment:

Pamela said...

I couldn't imagine receiving such a magnificent card! Absolutely beautiful girl!