Friday, February 17, 2012

Special YOU - you are such a joy

For this Valentine, I created a romantic layout in remembrance the special day I had gone through with my hubby -  our Wedding!!! This picture was taken during our pre-wedding photography shoot on last September by Monica Eng from Vividshots... Simply love her shots that allow me to scrap the whole collection she has taken for us...

I used "Follow Your Heart" by Rhonna Farrer paper range from My Mind's Eye for this layout... To have a much 3D effect, I cut out the florals and layer it over with foam dots... The banner "you are such a joy" which I enhanced it further using glossy accents... For photo matting, I used a mix of Best Creation Inc. basic glitter paper, floral paper ribbon and paper dolly... I realized that rub-on don't really stay on well on waxy surfaces; and I had a hard time putting that golden Hambly dolly over the paper dolly... To blend in the photo a little, I overlay the photo with Webster's Pages transparency with "Special YOU" on the corner...

I've quite a number of Melissa Frances vintage embellishments and for this time round, I finally used it!!! Using one of the mini oval vintage frame I had, I mounted it over the remnant of "Follow Your Heart" paper and wrote in some text... To soften the black ink I had used and give a little bridal touch, I wrapped it over with a white chiffon ribbon...

Though this is a relatively simple layout, it's with a lot of intricate cuts... I literally had spent the whole morning cutting...






No comments:

Post a Comment

I hope my works have inspired or probably encouraged you somehow...

Thank you so much for dropping your lovely comment!!! While I may not reply, but I seriously do read all of them and I do enjoy and appreciate every single word you've penned down here...

Have a good day ahead!!! Cheers!!!